Friday, June 25, 2010

giving up hope

So It has been about a month since I had the interview with the recruiting agency, I was told that I would be getting an interview with the cruise line and that has not happened. I emailed the guy that I have been working with about 3 weeks ago asking how long it typically takes to get the cruise line interview, he emailed me back saying that sometimes it takes a while etc.
Last night I emailed him again asking for information for a friend, and he did not reply...which is odd because he has always replied almost immediately, I mean within the hour most times.
Also, my friend who recommended me for the position, no longer works for the cruise company he got fired or was forced to resign something along those lines. Apparently it doesn't look good if you get off the ship at a port and miss the ship when it sails...even if it is totally not your fault.

So I have been doing some more research online and have put together a list of cruise lines and the contact information for them. There are websites out there that claim to have all of this information but they want you to pay to have access to it, I am simply not ready to pay for it yet.
So the plan is redo my resumes and write cover letters and send them out to the contacts I have researched...hopefully this will get me somewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment