Saturday, October 16, 2010

OK so update, it has been months since I have had anything to write about.
About a month ago I sent my resume to yet another cruiseline recruiting agency or "hiring partner".

On Oct 5th I received an email asking if I would be interested in interviewing for an entertainment lighting job and to please send my availablity for a skype interview.
I responded and arranged to have an interview the following Monday.
I rearranged my room etc, and made myself available for the interview...and waited and waited...but no one came on skype for me. So I sent the woman an email asking to reschedule or whatever.

That afternoon I received a phone call from her, she explained that because it was a holiday in Canada she was attempting to work from home and was unable to log onto her skype account for some reason. She asked if we could reschedule for the next day...same time.

I interviewed with her, she told me that I was a very strong candidate, and we discussed the difference in contracts between Royal Caribbean and Celebrity Cruise lines...both of which she recruits for. Basically it was that they paid the same, but Celebrity pays for the first airline ticket, where RCL makes you pay for your first ticket. There were a couple of other little things too. She said that she was going to be setting up an interview for me with HR for the next day.

Towards the end of our conversation she asked if I had spoken with anyone else from the company, I explained that I had interviewed months ago but had never heard anything back. She then proceeded to tell me that she is not allowed to "steal" other representatives people and that she would have to make a phone call, and asked me to stay online and that she would be back with me in 30 minutes.

So the waiting began, 30 minutes turned into an hour which turned into 2 and then I pretty much gave up. I figured she found out that I belonged to another recruiter and just wasn't going to get back to me.

I sent her an email saying how I had been hoping to speak with her again, and also included a couple of short video clips of my previous lighting designs. I said something along the lines, that if this is the type of work they are looking for then to contact me.

I went and ran some errands, when I returned I had an email from the first guy I had spoken with months ago asking if I would be available for an interview with HR from celebrity tomorrow ( the same person and time that the person I had just spoken with had mentioned). I replied that I was absolutely available.

Then a couple of minutes later I was contacted by the woman from earlier in the day on skype, and we spoke for about 10 minutes. She explained that she was going to be turning me back over to the first hiring partner ..but that she really did want me to succeed and made me promise to keep her updated. She then briefed me for the interview, and sent me all sorts of paperwork to fill out and a copy of the employee handbook.

So I interviewed with HR, they asked me a lot of theatre lighting questions. The interview ended with the woman from HR telling me that they were recommending me for the position and telling me the pay rate and a whole lot of details about the job.

They asked that I send in a copy of an updated resume for review from operations, which I have done.

This is where I stand, not quite sure if I am really getting the job, and waiting once again for the next step.

No comments:

Post a Comment