Saturday, June 5, 2010

research

So I am attempting to learn what it is like to work on a cruise ship. I have been following a couple of blogs. I have purchased a few books.
All of the books stress the fact that there is very little down time while at sea, and that dealing with some passengers can be difficult. That passengers ask the same questions day after day.
Other things I have been learning:
time passing is counted by cruise not weeks, days etc.
There is a hierarchy of staff on board and the usual breakdown seems to be by what country you are from
Americans are the butt of many jokes, because they assume every country is just like theirs and often only speak 1 language

I contacted my recruiting agent to find out when he expects to schedule my interview with the cruise line. He told me that typically it takes about 2 weeks to get an interview scheduled, but the cruise line recruiter is currently traveling on business so it may take longer right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment